Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Say it ain’t Sew

Photobucket
Image courtesy of edelweisspatterns.com 

Since The Boy got a new job he has been working almost every weekend. Whilst I disliked this very much at first (and may have developed an addiction to The Only Way is Essex) I thankfully, decided to stop wallowing/watching poorly scripted reality TV and put my spare time to good use. So I’m learning to sew.

Why sewing? There are umpteen reasons but now I’ve written that I can really only think of five.

1.       I can save money but still have a killer wardrobe.
2.       It’s always good to learn a new skill.
3.       Unlike baking, sewing can’t make me any chubbier.
4.       I ran out of poorly scripted reality television to watch (until I am able to download Geordie Shore…) and let’s not forget….
5.       The Gloat factor. It’s that feeling when someone comments on your outfit/asks where you got it and you tell them you made it and then take a minute to feel nice and smug…oh yeah. 

As I’m a novice sewer and really learning everything from scratch, you can follow my ups and downs, the things I found difficult and hopefully the successes.

My first task is to make some simple work skirts and as my skills improve, I’m hoping to move on to a couple of dresses and then some more ambitious projects.

Wish me luck - it’s time to get sewing!

1 comment:

  1. what a marvellous idea! good luck. have you seen naughty shorts dresses? they're divine. she's an inpiring woman, her blog is listed in my favourites. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the net. I really appreciate your time and thoughts xx